10 June 2021
As an integral member of the Accounting team, primarily responsible for daily transactions, journal entries, reconciliations, customer invoicing, collections, and special projects. This position will assist the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) in delivering accurate consolidated financial statements, forecasts and ad hoc analysis. Requires efficiency, consistency, accuracy, timeliness, and minimal supervision, utilizing a self-directed approach to the workload.
- Examines, analyzes, interprets and evaluates job costing accounting records for the purpose of closing accounting periods, entering accounting transactions, correcting transaction errors, determining financial status, or advising on applied costs or other financial and budgetary data to management.
- Compiles and analyzes financial information to record month end transactions, prepare reports, and review and verify accuracy.
- Assists in the preparation of month-end balance sheet, profit & loss, cash flow statements, consolidated financial statements, and other accounting schedules and reports.
- Maintains ERP system data to ensure an adequate recognition of financial transactions.
- Responsible for the adherence to, and communication of, accounting policies and procedures.
- Prepares A/R invoices for FFP, T & M, and Cost Plus contracts as needed.
- Enters A/R invoices into the WAWF and Exostar system to effect payment from the government.
- Monitors outstanding A/R and follows up with the customer on past due invoices.
- Posts daily cash receipts and application of customer payments.
- Prepares monthly bank reconciliations.
- Assists the CFO with DCMA audits and reviews.
- Supports ad hoc projects and assignments as needed.
- Performs other duties as required
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or equivalent required.
- 5+ years of related accounting; extensively with G/L, month end closing, financial reporting & reconciliations.
- Knowledge of US GAAP, practices, and procedures; knowledge within project manufacturing a plus.
- Extremely detail-oriented with excellent organizational and time management skills to balance and prioritize work is required.
- Excellent oral and written communication is required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office experience required, with advanced Excel skills.
- Experience with complex ERP systems required, Microsoft Dynamics strongly preferred.
- Experience with DoD environment and the FAR a plus.
- Mid-sized company experience in a design and manufacturing environment a plus.
SALARY: Depends on Experience (DOE)
Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action
VEVRAA/Sec. 503 Federal Contractor
Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Women/Minorities
Inter-Coastal Electronics, LLC shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that we take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.