QUALITY CONTROL INSPECTOR II
11 September 2020
Ensures Quality Control (QC) in all goods produced by ICE. Performs quality inspections at various stages throughout the manufacturing process on electrical and mechanical sub-assemblies as well as final product assemblies to ensure compliance with product documentation (Drawings) and industry quality standards in a factory environment. Ensures that the quality processes and procedures are integrated into the workmanship and products.
- Performs inspections at various points in the manufacturing process (in process work, final product inspection, and test data review) as defined in the Work Order (Job) and records inspection results in ERP System. To include products such as cable assemblies, printed circuit boards (PCB), circuit card assemblies (CCA), machined parts, assemblies and kits to ensure product conformity to drawings and specifications.
- Performs incoming inspection on purchased material requiring inspection as well as build-to-print material obtained from ICE's contract manufacturers.
- Inspects newly built product and reworked/repaired product to determine acceptability.
- Handles non-conforming product per company procedures.
- Reviews supplier documentation for purchased material to ensure traceability and correctness.
- Verifies all test results to ensure correctness and provides sign off.
- Performs and supports audits of various departments.
- Must be detail oriented judging product acceptability in comparison to identified specifications.
- Conducts visual and mechanical inspections.
- Inspects product using a microscope for an extended period of time.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires H.S. Diploma. Some college or ASQC training is desirable.
- Minimum 2+ years Quality Inspection experience is required.
- Familiarity with Electromechanical Assembly and Printed Circuit Board Industry Standards (e.g., J-STD-001, IPC-610, IPC-620, and ESD standards) relating to Quality Inspection strongly preferred.
- Experience reading engineering drawings and publications, examination of mechanical and electrical assembly components, and the use of manufacturing equipment/processes is required.
- Experience in the use of inspection hand tools is required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office tools is required, knowledge of ERP systems preferred.
- Must be able to be certifiable to J-STD-001 as well as company and department training classes.
- ISO/AS9100 knowledge to include Auditing experience is preferred.
- Must be detailed oriented.
- Understanding of Multi-Level BOMs (Bill of Materials), Manufacturing knowledge preferred.
- Able to stand for periods of time.
- Able to lift up to 25 lbs.
Annual Salary: $23.59 - $31.26 /hour
Depending on Experience (DOE)
Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action
VEVRAA/Sec. 503 Federal Contractor
Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Women/Minorities
Inter-Coastal Electronics, LLC shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that we take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.