Optical Engineer II
25 August 2021
- Supports Engineering Team in the Design and Development of Laser products.
- Performs Laser testing in support of production and engineering development.
- Designs equipment for testing Laser assemblies.
- Develops test procedures for equipment verification and customer acceptance.
- Provides guidance to Manufacturing Team in the development of manufacturing instructions for Laser production.
- Performs Laser Lab testing on various types of electronic products when required.
- May support specialized testing on a wide range of products.
- May be required to serve as Deputy Laser Safety Officer.
- Conducts research for the Design and Development of solid-state Lasers, InfraRed, and other Laser emitting Sensors and Devices.
- Supports continued product development of MILES and OSAG Laser Emitters and Sensors, as well as characterization and troubleshooting of Laser Range Finders.
- Analyzes and Tests Optical and Electro-Optical systems and components.
- Applies research to planning, design, development, documentation results, and testing of Laser components and assemblies.
- Performs Modeling and/or Analysis during Product Development in such areas as mechanical, Opto-mechanical, structural, and thermal requirements for production, transmission, measurement, and use of energy.
- Develops component specifications, tolerances, simulations, and test procedures for electro-optical systems and components.
- Exercises good Laser Safety Practices during job performance.
- Troubleshoots and debugs circuit card assemblies.
- Performs other duties as required
EXPERIENCE / EDUCATION:
- AS Degree or higher in Electronics, Optics, Physics or other related technical field
- Experience with Electro-Optical and/or Opto-Mechanical Systems
- 3+ years of industry experience with Laser design or related optical field
- Familiar with ANSI Z136 Laser Safety Standards
- Visual Acuity Measurements performed by a qualified Opthamologist or Optometrist must be 20/20 (6/6 in each eye for Far and Near) with corrections (whether worn or not)
SALARY: $74,267 - $102,117/year DOE
Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action
VEVRAA/Sec. 503 Federal Contractor
Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Women/Minorities
Inter-Coastal Electronics, LLC shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that we take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.