EMBEDDED SOFTWARE ENGINEER III OR IV DOE
16 March 2021
Develops software and firmware for real-time embedded systems that interface with aircraft systems, ground vehicles, and other support equipment. Participates in development process from requirements through qualification. Embedded software will control telemetry radios, GPS receivers, lasers and laser detectors, and more. May serve as Lead Engineer on assigned projects.
- Develops real-time embedded applications that meet strict timing requirements.
- Develops BSP software for proprietary (8/16/32-bit bare metal) and VME/VPX embedded systems.
- Develops device driver software for hardware peripherals (register-level drivers, modify existing OS drivers, drivers for custom FPGA/CPLD peripherals).
- Participates in all software development phases from requirements, design, coding, implementation, testing, and qualification.
- Generates/supports generation of software documents (SRS, SDD, STD, etc.).
- Supports design review presentations for both internal and external customer audiences.
- Participates in the testing and qualification processes in the field and with external validators
- Participates in improving development processes and implementation of new technologies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- AA degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering or Computer Science, BS preferred.
- 6+ years experience with C/C++ on embedded systems (prefer avionics or automotive).
- 6+ years of experience with hardware integration including device drivers for PCI, PCIe, I2C, MIL-STD-1553, UART, Ethernet, Analog IO, GPIO, and SPI devices.
- Ability to understand digital & analog electronics schematics to drive software development.
- Experience with RTOS, Linux, IPC (ARINC-653 RTOS is a plus).
- Ability to obtain a Secret Security clearance is required.
- Experience with aircraft avionics including MIL-STD-1553. FACE experience is a plus.
- Experience with DO178B/C is a strong plus, AS9100C/AS9115 is plus, data modeling is a plus.
- Linux kernel development and build systems (Yocto, Buildroot) experience.
- Experience with Agile development methods.
- BSP development experience for SH2A, ARM, PowerPC, or x86 architecture processors.
- Experience with FPGAs/CPLDs, VHDL/Verilog.
Annual Salary: $78,000 - $156,000 /year
Depending on Experience (DOE)
Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action
VEVRAA/Sec. 503 Federal Contractor
Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Women/Minorities
Inter-Coastal Electronics, LLC shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that we take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.